Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Treated for head lice with permetrin. Diagnosed with scabies. Have yeast infection in mouth. What could this be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1391 Questions
I am being treated for headlice with permetrin, I also have been diagnosed with scabies. I'm not sure that it is scabies though. I have some linear marks that appear to be burrows, I also have several really sore bites, I have a rash on my torso, I also have lines and bites on my face, and am told scabies won't go there. When I first noticed it I was checking my head for lice in the mirror and saw the blood come to the surface in 3 places on my face as if being bitten but I couldn't see a bug. I have since seen this happen on my arms and legs and have seen the burrows just appear. I do find tiny black and brown specks on my skin tho. I have also had yeast infection in my mouth. What could this be?
Posted Wed, 10 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 25 minutes later
Hi dear,

Thanks for writing in.

I have gone through query sent by you.

It can be scabies, dermatitis herpetiformis, contact dermatitis, follicullitis etc.

If you have head lice there is a possibility of having scabies.

Scabies does not affect face but head lice can cause eruption over face.Or scabies can rarely cause hypersentivity and cause eruption over face.
Scabies usually affects fingerweb spaces, wrist, inner arms,axilla, groin, lower abdomen etc.

Also I would like to know -

Since how long you had this?

Itching is more in night or day?

Any family member affected with same condition?

Are your genital area/finger webs/axilla /groin affected ?

Can you upload photos of affected skin in good light?

Please upload photos and answer the above questions to help you better.

Meanwhile you can take tab. Zyrtec for itching.

Hope this helps.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor