Treated for corn and calluses. Getting pain. Any permanent treatment?

Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Thu, 17 Jan 2013 in Infections
Question: Hi, I am XXXXXXX from Bangalore, India. I had corn/calluses problem for feet cushion 5 months back. Initially treated with Salicylic acid. After 6 weeks, still corn/calluses were not gone. Doctor recommended removal procedure. So I have gone treatment for removal. Complete healing was taken nearly 2 months. But Still I'm getting pain same way. 3 weeks back I have shown to the same doctor (he is general Physician). He said it is infection. So he was taken some white liquid out by pressing out, It was not looks like puss. Currently, still I'm feeling pain. Constantly I'm unable to my feet down. Really I'm getting pain if I was keep my feet down more than 2 to 5 minutes. Please suggest good permenant treatment
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 6 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
I am Dr. Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

There are two possibilities of this persistence of pain -
1. Incomplete removal of the corn
2. Infection ( less likely).

A course of antibiotics along with painkillers may be taken first to see if there is any relief.
If there is no relief, you may have to consult a surgeon for complete removal of corn.
Also as advised by your doctor you need to wear a MCR slippers as corn can recur if the slippers are nor soft to the sole of the foot.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more question, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow up: Dr. Ratnakar Kini 30 minutes later
Please suggest antibiotics along with painkillers
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 11 minutes later
Hi
You can use cap. amoxicillin 500 mg twice a day for 7 days and for pain relief you can take Dolo 650 ( take one tablet when you have pain).

I hope that answers your question.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow up: Dr. Ratnakar Kini 11 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

As I mentioned in reports, I've already taken antibiotics along with Painkillers for 7 days. Could please suggest which specialist (department) I should visit?
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 8 minutes later
You need to consult a surgeon.
You can consult a general surgeon ( doctor with a MS degree).

I hope that answers your question.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini