Treated for chlamydia and tested negative for STD. Found scab on penis. Worrisome

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 26 Dec 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Circumsized Male. Caught chlamydia 9 months ago. Got it fixed & had a blood test two weeks after infection which came back negative for all stds. had another hiv test 3months later which was negative as well. Found scab on penis during dry mastribation but have not had sex in 7 months. No bumps, no discharge, no burning during urination. but saw tiny fissures by scab location.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 25 minutes later
The scab that you have noticed on the penis can be due to minor injury happened during dry masturbation or a fungal infection. It can be taken care of by using an aloe vera gel over the area for adequate moisturisation. You can also use 1% hydrocortisone ointment for relief.
Such scab is not likely to be due to an STD. In case the lesion is persistent or is associated with ulceration, then a direct examination by a dermatologist is recommended for specific treatment.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Thank you... Just One Follow up Question. Does the location matter. It's smalll & right underneath the head. burns a little when I Mastrabate.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Just underneath the head is even more likely to be due to masturbation. Please do not worry as it is likely to improve in few days.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.