Treated for chest pain. Have constipation, abdominal pain and back pain. How to get cured?

Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Posted on Tue, 15 Jan 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Question: About 2 weeks ago i went to the hospital suffering from chest pain. It turned out to be reflux and with some treatment it has gone although i had an acidy stomach for about three weeks. However i now have some pain in my abdomen on my left side, sometimes also in the back. When i am sitting down the left side feels very warm, however the heat is not from the skin but from inside. I an also constipated.
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 42 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Let me know the other symptoms associated with mentioned symptoms.
Do you have acidic belching/ abdominal heaviness/ nausea & vomiting/ excessive flatulence?
Are you getting small hard stools just like pebbles?
Is this pain increasing after meals?

Based on the mentioned symptoms, there may be possibilities of acute pancreatitis, peptic ulcer disease and fecolith impaction.
Presence of chest pain with relief after acid lowering medication suggests the diagnosis.
Acute pancreatitis is suggested by abdominal pain with radiation on the back.
Constipation suggest the presence of fecoloth impaction.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist and should go for thorough check up.
You should go for ultrasound imaging, x XXXXXXX abdomen and chest, serum amylase & lipase and thyroid profile.
You should also go for endoscopy and gastric biopsy.
As such there is no correlation between chronic prostatitis and sinusitis.
Treatment depends on the diagnosed disease.
Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow up: Dr. Mayank Bhargava 18 minutes later
Hi, thank you. in fact I don't have any of those symptoms you asked about since my stomach improved but if anything I have less flatulence than usual and feel tired all the time. My stools were small as you described but have recently improved by I am still not as regular as usual. The feeling in my abdomen is not really pain as such but rather excessive heat which is uncomfortable and a little worrying. I am abroad for 2 weeks, would it be safe to wait until I return home before visiting a doctor?
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 14 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,
As the major complaint is excessive heat not pain, there is high possibility of peptic ulcer disease.
Peptic ulcer disease may be in form of chronic gastritis, fundal gastritis, nodular gastritis, follicular gastritis and gastric & duodenal ulcer and adenocarcinoma of stomach.
You can wait for few days and try to consult with your family physician as soon as possible.
You should go for endoscopy for better clarification.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow up: Dr. Mayank Bhargava 2 hours later
Hi, the sensation of heat doesn't feel like its in the stomach, but rather the intestine. could this still be an ulcer? Someone suggested a possibility of diverticulosis as this is something both my mother and grandmother suffered from; would you think this is possible?
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 8 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
If you are feeling heat sensation then its very difficult to predict the site of origin.
There may be possibility of peptic ulcer disease which can be confirmed by endoscopy.
There appears to be least possibility of diverticulosis.
Diverticulosis presents with fever, abdominal pain, bleeding per rectum.
Hope that helps you.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava