Owl Image

Treated for breast cancer. Noticed increase in size of one breast. Should I be concerned?

Question
Hi I was diagnosed with breast cancer in Feb this year I have finished all my treatments but over the last few weeks I have noticed that my left breast (which had the cancer) has gotten quite a lot bigger then my right, should I be concerned?
Fri, 4 Jan 2013 in Breast Cancer

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 minutes later
A considerable increase in the size of the breast as compared to the other breast is a worrisome finding. It could have happened due to an abnormal growth or due to fluid retention in the area secondary to lymphatic infiltration.
You need to consult your oncologist regarding this and get yourself examined and investigated under his guidance.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.