Treated for breast cancer. Getting breast pain. How to get relief?

Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 9 Feb 2013 in Breast Cancer
Question: My Mum, aged 90, was diagnosed in Aug for breast cancer which had erupted & blistered. She was put on hormone tablets & her health was good except that she had to undergo dressing every alternate day. Now she's having jerking pain for last 2 days on her breast & feeling weak. Can you suggest any pain killer to relieve her of the pain? Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 42 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX
With a history of breast cancer recently, please make sure your you schedule an appointment with your treating Oncologist at the earliest.
It could be pain and discomfort due to tissue edema, or nerve entrapment pain, or rarely, a new upcoming lump etc.
Meanwhile, you could give her a painkiller like Brufen, or Sumo.
Take care, and feel free to ask for further clarifications.