Treated for a vaginal yeast infection. Urine analysis showed high WBC. Chances of gonorrhea?

Dr. Sudhir

Posted on Fri, 4 Jan 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: went through requred treatment for a vaginal yeeast infection. still 3 weeks later i had a discomfort so then a urine analysis revealed elevated white cells. so now i m told there are a number of things this could mean...one of which....gonnerea. im in a very happy and loving marriage. no std.s are even a possiability.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 21 minutes later

Most common possibility in your case would be urinary tract infection than a STD.Even gonorrhea would not be first likely possibility. I think a course of antibiotics can help you.If you want you can get urine culture and sensitivity test done to take more appropriate antibiotic.

Drinking lots of water and avoiding dehydration can be prove helpful.

Please do ask if there are doubts.

Regards.