Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Treated for a vaginal yeast infection. Urine analysis showed high WBC. Chances of gonorrhea?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1417 Questions
went through requred treatment for a vaginal yeeast infection. still 3 weeks later i had a discomfort so then a urine analysis revealed elevated white cells. so now i m told there are a number of things this could of which....gonnerea. im in a very happy and loving marriage. no std.s are even a possiability.
Fri, 4 Jan 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 21 minutes later

Thanks for the query.

Most common possibility in your case would be urinary tract infection than a STD.Even gonorrhea would not be first likely possibility. I think a course of antibiotics can help you.If you want you can get urine culture and sensitivity test done to take more appropriate antibiotic.

Drinking lots of water and avoiding dehydration can be prove helpful.

Please do ask if there are doubts.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor