Treated for TB in fallopian tubes. Prescribed medicine to conceive. Is follicular cyst curable?

Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul

Ayurveda Specialist

Posted on Thu, 31 Jan 2013 in Ayurveda
Question: Hi,
My spouse was taking treatment of tuberculosis in fallopian tubes which got completed in a week back. It is more than 2 years of our marriage but she could not conceive yet. I earlier posted a query regarding infertility and below medicines were suggested:
Male side :
1. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX ras 1 tab once a day
2. Ashwagandhadi churna 1 gram twice a day with milk
3. Chandraprabh vati 1 tab twice a day
Female side :
2. Chandraprabha vati 2 tabs twice a day
3. Ashwagandhadi churna 1 gram twice a day with milk
4. XXXXXXX Pravartani vati 1 tab twice a day
5. XXXXXXX compound or Laxmarishtam 5 ml twice a day
We are going to start these medicines from Monday 14th XXXXXXX 2013. An ultrasound was done as advised by her gyna after completing course of TB. Ultrasound report says "RIGHT OVARY SHOWS A CYST OF SIZE 36X30 MM. ITS CONTENTS ARE CLEAR". "RIGHT FOLLICULAR CYST". Is it serious and can be treated in Ayurveda?

Pls advise and can we start above medicines for conception because I don't want to go for more allopethic medicines for her as she is taking it for last 10 months.

XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul 15 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX,

As the tuberculosis part stands cured with proper course of medicines, the major worry is over. The other finding of follicular cyst in right ovary no doubt is a bit of hindrance but the plus point is that left ovary is fine and functioning normally. So even if cyst is present in right ovary chances of conception are there.

The medicines you have mentioned calls for a review with latest situation on health front. Complete menstrual history of your wife, weight, other problems as hypertension or sugar etc. is needed. Is she having scanty periods or periods are irregular? Does she have any pain in the abdomen?

Your detailed semen analysis report is also required.

After hearing back from you, I can suggest the required medicines.
Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan
Follow up: Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul 4 hours later
Hi doctor,
Pls find my reply
My SA report is:
Quantity: 1.5 ML
Color: Creamish
Reaction: Alkaline
LIQ Time: 30 MTS
Microscopic Examination
Total Sperm Count: 96 Million/ML
Active Motile: 60%
Sluggish Motile: 20%
Non Motile: 20%
PUS Cells: 1-2/H.P.F

Menstruation details of last six months>>>>27th Dec, 24th Nov, 25th Oct, 24th Sep, 24th Aug, 27 July.
Weight and height>>>> My height is 5.7 inch & my wife is 5.1 inch and my weight is 63 kg & wife's weight is 41 kg.
She has regular periods and pain happens some time in abdomen during menstrual.
She doesn’t have any problem regarding sugar and hypertension.

XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul 16 hours later
Dear,

In my opinion the medicines for your wife should be
- Tab.pushap dhanva ras
- Cap. ovarin
- and tab. aloes compound
XXXXXXX compound can be added as a general uterine tonic.

The medicines recommended for you is Cap. Addyzoa

As a nutritional suppliment both of you can have a tea spoon of shatawari kalp in milk.
This treatment can take upto three months.

Let me know if you need further clarifications.

Wishing you best of health.
Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul 11 hours later
Hello Doctor,

Whether advised medicine are for conception or for cyst. Which medicine out of these can treat cyst?

I also want to know if fallopian tubes are blocked then chances of conception are there using Ayurvedic medicines however tubes have not been checked yet but should we go for testing of tubes? Pls suggest.

Pls suggest what doses (time schedule etc) of mentioned medicines to be taken.

XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul 12 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX ,

As the cyst was only in one ovary while the other was apparently normal, so instead of removing cyst only first I opted to avail of the other normal functioning ovary and try to secure conception at the earliest. For aiding cyst removal Ovarin is the main medicine we can add kanchnar guggul and dashmoola arisht along with XXXXXXX arisht, if needed.

In case both fallopian tubes are blocked then chances of pregnancy is minimum. Ayurvedic medicines make the tubes patent where cause is treatable e.g. in congenital block nothing can be done with medicine. The above-prescribed medicines also aid to open the tubes.

The dose of four prescribed medicines for your wife will be one each three times a day.
The capsule for you will be one, twice a day.
shatawari kalp can be taken twice a day.

Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E