Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Transabdominal cerclage done. Is it safe to have orgasm by external stimulation?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
Hi, Is it ok to orgasm by external stimulation or have anal sex, 2 weeks after a transabdominal cerclage? One Surgen said to wait 6 weeks and one said I should be fine after a few weeks & that I'd know according to how my body feels...
Please advise, thanks.
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 3 hours later
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
It is absolutely okay to have orgasm by external stimulation after three weeks of duration of the cerclage. It is fairly deep surgery and would not be affected by external stimulation.
Anal intercourse is a difficult type of sex do it only if you have done it earlier otherwise it may be painful at this time but of-course cirlage is not a contraindication. You can go for oral enjoyment if you prefer that is unrelated to operative site also.
Hope my advise would be helpful.
Wish you a great health!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor