Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Total hysterectomy, 12 years ago, left sided lower abdominal pain. Treatment ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12744 Questions
i had a total hysterectomy over 12 years ago.. i have left sided lower adominal pain that is really painful.
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 19 minutes later
Thanks for writing to us.
Having left sided lower abdominal pain 12 years after hysterectomy is not likely to be related to the surgery you had such a long time ago. I would like to have some more information regarding your problem to give you an informed opinion.
1. Do you have this pain constantly at all the times or it comes and goes?
2. Any relation to food intake or passage of urine?
3. Is the pain colicky?
4.Is the pain so severe as to initiate vomiting?
5. Can you pinpoint the origin of pain with your one finger? Please try to describe the point of maximum pain.
6. Any history of constipation?
Meanwhile for pain do a hot fomentation and take light easy to digest oil free food.
Awaiting an early response.
I hope you have found my answer and recommendations to be both adequate and helpful. Should you have additional questions I am available to address them.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor