Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Torn foreskin on the penis. Treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 2130 Questions
i have a torn foreskin at the base off my head what shold i do
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 22 minutes later

Thanks for the query.
Torn foreskin at the base of head needs simple application of some antibiotic cream and avoidance of intercourse for 5-7 days. Topical antibiotic creams such as neosporin are available over the counter. The wound will gradually heal in a week.

Analgesics such as tab Ibuprofen will take care of pain.

Watch out for symptoms of fever, abnormal discharge from the site of injury, burning sensation while passing urine and so on. Oral antibiotics may be needed if these symptoms occur.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

“Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor