Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

158 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Tooth infected with cavity and having slight pain. Could I ask a doctor?

Answered by
Dr. S Patra


Practicing since :2011

Answered : 4047 Questions

Posted on Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi Doctor, I realised slight pain in my tooth 2-3 weeks back. soon within 2 weeks two other tooth on other side got infected with cavity. will go to dentist in couple if days but how do I really stop spreading the same. I started using mouth wash daily.
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: FOLLOW THE GUIDELINE. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to us on Healthcare Magic. According to your information, toothache (pain in tooth) and cavity formation occur due to bacterial infection which spreads to adjacent tooth also. Good oral health care is most important during pregnancy period. Regular dental cleaning and periodic check ups are must to avoid oral infections that can affect the fetus, such as gingivitis and periodontal disease. 2nd trimester is the best time for treatment to minimize dental infection. You must consult with DENTIST for proper guidance regarding this. 1) Safe antibiotic like combined Ampicillin & Cloxacillin (AMPILOX) or Amoxicillin & clavulanic acid (CLAVAM) thrice daily can be given to reduce the spreading of infection. 2) Regular mouth wash with CHLORHEXIDINE (anti-plaque fluoride based) 2 to 3 times is mandatory for maintaining oral & dental hygiene. PREVENTION : 1) Brush your teeth at least twice a day and floss daily after meals when possible. 2) During morning sickness or vomiting, you must rinse your mouth with water, brush without toothpaste and after that anti-plaque fluoride mouthwash. 3) Take well-balanced diet with plenty of vitamin C and B12. Drink more water or juice for better circulation. Hope, I have clarified all things and guided you properly. Let me know if you need any clarification. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,  
Drug/Medication ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Morning sickness

doctor1 MD

I m 49 had a subcervical partial hysterectomy. Lately I ve been experiencing pregnancy symptoms like morning sickness, swollen. Breast etc. Took 2 home pregnancy test with both being positive with faint lines. Went to planned parenthood and the same positive with faint lines. They told me to find Dr for prenatal. Dr took urine test came out negative but I m starting to show and still experiencing morning sickness and so on. I m confuse. What is going on am I pregnant.

doctor1 MD

Hi I am 7 weeks pregnant. I am facing lot of nausea and sour mouth. My. Doctor advised me doxinate tablet first... And if it doesn't work.. Then domstal . Doxinate didn't work for me.. But I have started taking domstal 10 MG.. And it is helping me...

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor,

I have a frequent problem in wait gaining that is nothing but in my eating habits. I get morning sickness iam 27 yrs old unmarried, i feel very hungry but i am able to take only few quantity of food. also i have a constant pain in the left side of my body from head to toe. i weigh only 38 - 39 kgs not able to gain wait. even done endoscopy which shows a positive result only. please help to get a solution.

doctor1 MD

I am a 69 year old white female that had radio active iodine treatment when I was 21 for hyperthyroidism and have been on synthyroid ever since. About 2 years ago I got sick, seems my thyroid was out of whack. After med corrected still very sick...

doctor1 MD

Dear Madam, My wife is 2 months Pregnant.She is having dry cough with little flames from past 2 days which will be more during night and less throught the day . So can you please confirm which tablets or home remedies would be safe to cure dry...

doctor1 MD

I took a HPT 5 days before my expected period. I tested the next day and it was negative. My breasts are usually sore about a week to a week 1/2 before my period. They didn't start getting extremely sore until today. My period is due Sunday. I have three children and have had many symptoms of pregnancy including milky white discharge without smell, very tired and lethargic, nausea and some vomiting sensitivity to certain smells and my breasts are aching. Although a lot of these symptoms I'm having are usually pre menstrual symptoms, could I be pregnant?

doctor1 MD

Hello, I have been very nauseated the past 4 days. I have only gotten sick a couple times. I have had headaches and when I stand up my heart will race and i get kind of shakey. My stomach always hurts and seems to more after I eat something. My appetite is gone. I noticed that i started having a brownish discharge on tuesday. I also think I got bite by a spider on the back of my left leg right under my butt. I have been putting hydrocortisone cream on it which has been helping but I wasn t sure if that could be a factor of me feeling sick or of there is a chance of pregnancy.