Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Took zolofresh tablets by crushing it along with alcoholic drinks. In critical situation. Could I ask a doctor?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
HI DOCTOR, my friend has consumed around 200 to 250 zolofresh 10 mg tablets by crushing it in mixie along with alcoholic drinks, doctors telling he is in critical situation and unable to save. is there any best hospital available to treat such cases . Whether my friend ll be safe...
Posted Sat, 7 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 59 minutes later
Thanks for the query.
Brief is very difficult to comment upon safety as the dose consumed is really very high.
Detailed answer....
ZOLFRESH ( ZOLPIDAM ) is a short acting nonbenzodiazipine used to treat insomnia.
Although fatal or lethal dose of a drug depends upon the weight and height of person,the prescribed medically lethal dose of ZOLPIDAM is around 2000 mg ( 200 tablets of 10 mg ).In fact people have died even with dose of 500 to 600 mg also.
The basic fact is that your friend is very serious and requires an intensive medical care,which all the good hospitals are capable of providing and the treatment protocol is more or less the same everywhere.
Let him be in the good hospital around your area and pray to god that he comes out of it.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor