Owl Image

Took unwanted kit. Trying to conceive and not able to conceive. What is causing this?

Question
sir, my wife taken the unwanted kit 4 times at the time of different months of pregnency .but now problem is that from last 1 year ,she was not got pregnent.
Tue, 11 Dec 2012 in Getting Pregnant

Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 26 minutes later
Hello there.

I wish to clarify few things

Is it that you are trying for pregnancy from one year and you are not able to conceive? If yes then were you people in regular contact and together throughout the past one year?

Also was any of the abortions she had with unwanted kit followed by a surgical procedure called D&C?
When was her last abortion and were there any complications with any of the abortions?

Did your wife use any type of contraception?

Have you got any tests or treatment done for conceiving?

Kindly revert back with answers.

take care.

Follow-up: Took unwanted kit. Trying to conceive and not able to conceive. What is causing this? 21 hours later
yes, we are living together from last one year.
after last abortion she is not using any type of contraception.
she have taken the treatment by docter,bot not success yet.
pls clear me that it is the side effect of unwanted kit ,now what is solution.

Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 45 minutes later
HELLO THERE.

Thanks for writing back.

No fertility is NOT affected by unwanted kit pills

These pills mainly act by increasing uterine contractions and affecting uterine lining. Both these effects are temporary and limited to the pregnancy aborted.

But if any of your abortion with pills was followed or completed later by surgical procedure called D&C then it may affect fertility by scarring the uterus. Thus implantation is prevented.

You have not mentioned the tests which your doctor has done and the treatment you took.

The basic tests include a husband seminogram. If normal, then a battery of tests are done in the female starting with ultrasound, tube patency test,hormonal tests and endometrial biopsy.

Treatment to conceive depends on the cause of infertility ascertained.