Took unwanted 72 after intercourse. Missed periods. HPT negative. What should I do?

Dr. Chetna Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Women's Health
Question: hi i missed my period this month it was due on 10th i have done pregnancy test at home it was negative then i did a urine test in lab it was also negative .now what should i do .i took a contraceptive pill unwanted 72 after having unprotected sex i also tried ayurvedic capsules gynec forte 6 ps thrice a day for one day but no periods....
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 53 minutes later
hi
Pl do blood pregnancy test known as beta hCG.
Its common for periods to get disturbed after taking emergency pills like unwanted 72.
If beta hCG is negative its good for wait for a wk and see if the periods come on their own or not.
if no periods still once more repeat beta hCG and inform.

Best wishes