Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Took unwanted 72 after intercourse. Missed periods. HPT negative. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1990
Answered : 232 Questions
hi i missed my period this month it was due on 10th i have done pregnancy test at home it was negative then i did a urine test in lab it was also negative .now what should i do .i took a contraceptive pill unwanted 72 after having unprotected sex i also tried ayurvedic capsules gynec forte 6 ps thrice a day for one day but no periods....
Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 53 minutes later
Pl do blood pregnancy test known as beta hCG.
Its common for periods to get disturbed after taking emergency pills like unwanted 72.
If beta hCG is negative its good for wait for a wk and see if the periods come on their own or not.
if no periods still once more repeat beta hCG and inform.

Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor