Took susten 200. Will this cause a false positive pregnancy test?

Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 24 Jan 2013 in Pregnancy
Question: can i do the pergnancy test after took susten 200
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX,
I have gone through your reports in detail.
Your gynecologist has written that your menstrual cycles are regular.
That means that your periods have never been delayed by this much.
If you are pregnant, it would definitely show up on the pregnancy test by now.
So you can safely perform the home urine pregnancy test tomorrow morning.
Taking Susten would not cause a false positive pregnancy test.
Also, your doctor has mentioned in the reports that the ultrasound is suggestive of PCO ( polycystic ovaries ) .
This condition means that there are many follicles in your ovary, but none of them rupture ( ovulate ) properly.
However you have regular periods, and your hormonal investigations as seen in the report attached are normal.
Some more tests like adrenal hormones, thyroid hormones, prolactin and blood sugars should be done though.
So, you are having a mild form of this disease.
Even if your home pregnancy test is negative, you should consult your gynecologist , because PCO itself causes delayed/irregular periods at times.
Please follow instructions thoroughly, as mentioned on the pregnancy test kit.
Use the first voided early morning urine sample, use a sterile container for collecting urine, and be particular about the timing of reading the result, as instructed on the kit.
Feel free to ask for any further clarifications.