Took six pills of dolo at a time. Will it cause any problem?

Dr. Namala Bharadwaj

Posted on Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: My frnd took 6 dolo 650 at a time... she is not vomiting and no symptoms of ill.. she s having exam today. do it cause any problem?
Answered by Dr. Namala Bharadwaj 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
she needs immediate medical attention.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
Thanks for your query at XXXXXXX
I understand your concern.

Yes Dolo ingestion at that high doses can cause serious adverse effects.
Initial dolo toxicity patient will be asymptomatic.
As time progress patient will present with symptoms of nausea, vomiting , abdominal pain, and liver dysfunction later.

My recommendation would be she needs immediate medical attention without any delay. Gastric decontamination with specific antidote can prevent further damage.

Any further information you can ask me at follow up query.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad