Took monistat and have swelling on uvula. Is it a side effect?
Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX
Well looking into your problem Monistat consists of miconazole which is antifungal drug and generally used for vaginal yeast infection .
I think the swelling on uvula can be an allergic response to the drug and thus it needs to be stopped . I will advise you to discuss with your treating physician who has prescribed this drug to you and continue it further only if he advises to do so .
Rash and allergic responses are well known with this drug . Kindly seek medical advise early.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Uvula removal side effects phlegm
- Side effects of monistat 7
- Monistat 1 side effects bleeding
- Monistat side effects discharge
- Monistat ovule side effects
- Is headache a side effect of monistat derm?
- Side effects of monistat spotting
- Removing uvula side effects
- Monistat side effects burning
- Uvula surgery side effects
- Suggest foods and drinks which helps in healthy development of tooth?
- Started with fatigue and blurred vision. Have diarrhea and weak muscles....
- Undergoing replacement therapy for low IgG. Have pain in chest and foot....
- Child having frequent unconsciousness. Nil observation shown in EEG and...
- Took monistat and have swelling on uvula. Is it a side effect?
- Having pain, sweating hips and around waist line and legs. Buldging...
- Have ulcerative colitis and taking remicaid infusion therapy. Suggest...
- Having irregular periods. Done with pelvic ultrasound and blood test....
- Should I shave groin hair before going for colonoscopy?
- Having swelling in face, hands, feet and rashes all over body. Had bouts...