question-icon

Took monistat and have swelling on uvula. Is it a side effect?

Posted on Wed, 13 Nov 2013
Question: I took monistat earlier today and now i have swelling on my uvula
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani (35 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem Monistat consists of miconazole which is antifungal drug and generally used for vaginal yeast infection .

I think the swelling on uvula can be an allergic response to the drug and thus it needs to be stopped . I will advise you to discuss with your treating physician who has prescribed this drug to you and continue it further only if he advises to do so .

Rash and allergic responses are well known with this drug . Kindly seek medical advise early.

Dr. Shruti
Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist