Took medicine for tympanists. What is the reason of hearing loss?

Dr. Hariom Sharma

ENT Specialist

Posted on Tue, 3 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hi, I am 29 years old, all of sudden I started hearing less from my left year, I went to the hospital for checkup and the doctor said I have tympanitis, they have given me medicine , I am very much afraid as my friends say It will not recover, pls advise how long it takes to recover and which is the best medicine for cure. Regards XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: No need to so much worry. Detailed Answer: Hi Mam, I have gone through your query. If you are correctly diagnosed and symptoms are gradually improving then there is no need to so much worry because tympanitis resolves within 15 days if properly treated. In our patients I suggests---> 1. Antibiotic amoxicillin and clavulinic acid combination. 2. Nasal decongestant. 3. Systemic decongestant. 4. Steam Inhalation five times a day. To reach the near diagnosis and exclusion of the other disease you may go for pure tone audiometry and Impedance audiometry. Hope this answers your query. If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Hariom Sharma 25 minutes later
Dear dr, Thankyou for your reply. The dr has given me the following medicine 1) myrtol standardized enteric coated soft capsule - pohl 2) ephedrine hydrochloride and nitrofurazone nasal drops 3) cefixime capsule 4) chinese medicine for cold. I am taking steam 3 times a day, Pls advise the medicine i am taking is correct ? Regards
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: Correct medicine Detailed Answer: Hi Mam, Thanks for follow up query. I have gone through your prescription. According to the diagnosed disease you are on correct medicines that are given by your doctor. Please faith on your doctor, continue the medicine and follow up. Wish you good health
Follow up: Dr. Hariom Sharma 18 minutes later
Thankyou dr, i am indian staying in china, we have a language problem as dr cannot speak english, just wanted to make sure the medicine is right.
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Right medicine Detailed Answer: Hi Mam, I have gone through your follow up query. For your kind information you are on right medicine. Regards