Took levonelle 71 hrs later after unprotected sex. Chances of pregnancy?

Dr. Ram Choudhary

Posted on Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Pregnancy
Question: i had sex with partner did not ejacilate but there was pre cum she then took levonelle 71hrs later could she still be pregnant
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX
Not ejaculating inside your partner is a poor protection against pregnancy because sperms can be there in precum also and so failure rate is high.
With Levonelle that your partner had already would prevent the pregnancy in reliable way.
It causes temporary hormonal shift so some what delayed periods and slightly more bleeding during periods is expected.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have any follow up queries or doubts, you can forward them for me, and I shall be glad to help you.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Follow up: Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
i did urinate before sex would this make pregnancy more unlikely and would levonelle still be effective
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 15 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
Urinating before/after sex hardly makes any difference.
Your partner has taken Levonelle well in time and it would protect her from pregnancy, and she does not need to worry about pregnancy.
Still it is not a healthy behaviour to take emergency contraceptives rather you should be planned to avoid such haphazard events.
Wish you a great health!
Follow up: Dr. Ram Choudhary 6 hours later
she actually took levonelle 71hrs after sex would this still stop pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 45 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
Levonelle is effective upto 72 hours post-coitus so it would cover the risk reasonably.
I still any problems let me know.
Wish you a great health!