Took ipill after unprotected sex. Started bleeding. Is there any chances of pregnancy?

Dr. Rhea Chanda

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 15 Jan 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Question: Hi, During intercourse with my partner, the precaution failed and the ejaculation happened inside. She took i pill within 3 hours. She is having little bleeding after 5 days now. How long this bleeding will happen? Is there any chances of pregnancy? Her last periods came on 11th Dec and we had love on 23rd Dec.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 58 minutes later
The ipill will cause bleeding after a few days.That normal.So if she is having bleeding now,its the withdrawal bleeding after taking the ipill.It will last a few days like a period.After that you cycles may be slightly irregular for a 1-2 months,but regularise after that.Provided she doesnt take ipill on a regular basis.If she has history of irregular periods,then she should start having oral pills daily which will provide contraception and regularize her cycles both at the same time.
Follow up: Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
Since she has bleeding, so is there any risk or probability of pregnancy now?
Will it have any after effects later on ( few years/months down the line)?
How many days this bleeding remains
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 3 hours later
During the bleeding,there is no possibility of pregnancy. There should be no long term effects.But using ipill frequently,is not recommended.The bleeding should remain like a normal period 5-7 days.
Follow up: Dr. Rhea Chanda 53 minutes later
Does this bleeding signifies that there Is no fear of her pregnant now due to unprotected love done earlier and I pill has worked?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 57 minutes later
yes. thats correct.