Took i-pill after having unprotected sex. Delayed periods. What could be the reason?

Dr. Shanthi.E

Posted on Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in Birth Control
Question: I m 20 yrs old, I took i-pill on 04 oct (with in 24 hours) because I have doubt of unprotected sex. my periods date is normally 28-30th every month and its always came in time.. but its more than a week delay now.... I am very scared now... is it because of i-pill or I should go for pregnancy test.. plzz help
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is mostly because of Ipill Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your query. The delay in your periods is more likely because of the I pill. I do not think it is pregnancy as you took the Ipill within 24 hours. To confirm on this, please let me know the date of your last periods. Awaiting your response. Regards,
Follow up: Dr. Shanthi.E 24 minutes later
my last periods date is 28 sep.
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is due to Ipill Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the detail. Your delay in periods is due to Ipill. In my view, it is not due to pregnancy. You should be getting your periods sooner. Take care!
Follow up: Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
thank you for reply Ma'am how much should I wait for this, should I take medicine for this.
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 16 hours later
Brief Answer: wait for 5 days more Detailed Answer: Hi, You can wait for 5 more days to get your periods normally. There is no need to take any medicine now. Please be patient. You should get your periods in next 5 days. Take care!