Took high dosage of adderal. Urine and blood test done. Will it show in the report?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 5 Jan 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: hi doc was told to take 40mg of adderal a day took 120 mg a day for a week then took 2 days off had urine and blood test will it show i took to much thats what im worried about im 6ft 300lbs thanks was 2 days enough for levels to go to normal ?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
There is regular adderall (instant release) and adderall XR (extended release). Your answer will depend on which form of adderall you are asking about.
In regular adderall, the half life is 4 to 6 hours. That means that half of it will be out of your body in 4 to 6 hours. However, to get it COMPLETELY out of your body requires about 35 hours. It depends on the individual.

For adderall XR, half of it will be out of your body in 10 to 13 hours. To get it completely out of your body takes an average of 60 hours. After 48 hours, it can be detected in your urine if you are using an extended release preparation.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.