Took emergency contraception. Will it cause any problem in conceiving?

Dr. Ram Choudhary

Posted on Sat, 15 Dec 2012 in Women's Health
Question: hi good evening . i gave my gf two emergency contraceptive pills with a gap of two months , i m not going to give her any more of them but now i m thinking will there any problem in conceiving in the future ???
hi good evening , i feel my ejaculation is premature , tell me what is the ideal time of intercourse and any cure of it.
hi good evening . my mother died due to lungs failure ,she had interstitial lung diseases she was on cortico streoids . i heard thar there is no cure of ild . she was suffering from lung infection and admitted in hospital and she was also on immunosuppressant drungs . tell me is there any sure shot cure for the fybrosis and ild out there in the world ??
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 20 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX
The emergency pills cause transient hormonal imbalance and may cause heavy periods for a cycle or two but would not cause long term problem with fertility. But ideally any hormonal preparation of that much potency should be avoided, it is better to have plan then to get emergencies.
Time of intercourse varies from 2minutes to 13minutes and usually increases as you continue to have relationship. the satisfaction is not directly related to the duration. you can try sqeezing techniques or just avoid too much buffeting, local anesthetic sprays can also help by dampening of sensation.
It is sad that your mother expired of ILD. It is a progressive disease and there is no cure of it till date. Steroid help a bit but not amounting to cure and the ultimate fate is the respiratory failure and death.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have any follow up queries or doubts, you can forward them for me, and I shall be glad to help you.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.