Took econorm for loose motion. Any advice?

Dr. Das Arindam

Posted on Thu, 7 Feb 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: In morning I had loose motion for four times. I took econorm at 10am
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 17 minutes later
Thank you for posting a query.

Look, Econorm is not going to act immediately. For immediate action, you have to take some other drugs.

You have to do the followings –
1.     Take a bland diet.
2.     Take plenty of water. It would be better to take ORS solution.
3.     You have to take a pantoprazole group of drug to control acidity which may aggravate the situation.
4.     You have to take an enzyme syrup to control indigestion.
5.     You have to take a combination of ciprofloxacin and ornidazole group of drug.
6.     You have to continue the econorm.

For dosing and frequency of the above mentioned drugs, you have to consult with your family physician or general physician.

If you feel any muscle cramp / experience increased bowel movements, you should rush to emergency department of a hospital or consult with your treating doctor immediately.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Regards.