Took concor 2.5 mg. Experiencing pins and needles in tongue and lips. Safe to take xayzal?

Dr. Naveen Kumar

ENT Specialist

Posted on Mon, 31 Dec 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: I have been taking concor 2.5 mg for 12 years now,lately I have been experiencing an allergy ,like pins and needles feeling in tounge and lips,hands and arms,plus cough,and sneezing sometimes,and my IGE for allergy is relatively high 700, could it be concor cor 2.5,plus I do not take any other medication ,my Dr.recommened to take Xayzal for allergy ,does it work together, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 1 hour later
Hi

Thanks for posting the query

The symptoms mentioned by you could be either side effects of Bisoprolol or peripheral neuropathy.

You need to consult your doctor for change of the drug and start you on Vitamin B12 to take care of neuropathy.

I doubt any relation to allergy as there are no rashes, itching, wheal, etc. There is no harm in taking Xyzal for the time being, but it might not give you complete relief. If at all the allergy had to happen, it would have happened when you started taking this medicine. Since it is twelve years you started taking medicine, it cannot be an allergic reaction. Finally, peripheral neuropathy is common in diabetic and hypertensive individuals.

Hope I have answered your query; I will be available for the follow-up queries.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon