Took clomid. Got periods and started spitting. Chances of pregnancy?

Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Posted on Sat, 29 Dec 2012 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi my name XXXXXXX i took clomid last month my fifth day of my cycle, n this month im start spitting alot n i just got my period, am i pregnant
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.
After taking Clomid,there is high chances of getting pregnancy but if periods have already been started then there is negligible chances of pregnancy.
Menses is a normal physiological hormonal phenomenon in which old mucosal lining of uterus gets shed off and uterus is prepared for pregnancy.
You should consult with obstetrician and should go for thorough check up.
You should go for urine pregnancy test along with ultra sound imaging.
Any doubts regarding pregnancy could be clarify by these two investigations.
Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava