Took antibiotic for bronchitis. Why there is swelling on my face?

Dr. Ganesh Sanap

Radiologist

Posted on Fri, 4 Jan 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I had a bronchitis 3 weeks ago, i had antibiotic felt better, finish all my medecine but then the cough come back 4 days ago . Then suddenly my face and my tummy swallow, huge bag under the eyes. usually i weight 93 lbs now im at 102 lbs.
Im worry to have a liver cancer. or maybe a sips infection. And i dont want a go back to the doctor again.
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 2 hours later

The symptoms reported by you are not related to liver cancer. Liver cancer is associated with loss of weight, anorexia, jaundice, weakness, fullness of abdomen are few symptoms of liver cancer. You have not reported any of these symptoms, so you don't have liver disease at all.

Your bronchitis may have not been completely resolved at the time resulting in cough. The puffiness around the face may be due to increased weight or associated problem with lungs.

I know you don't want to go to doctor, so we can wait. But if symptoms persist then I would urge you to see your doctor for re-evaluation. In the interim you may try XXXXXXX steam inhalation for relief.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for further assistance.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad