Took Nucoxia-P for chest pain. What next?

Dr. Das Arindam

Posted on Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi,
My father is having chest pain from morning. He has been advised to take Nucoxia-P. He has taken 1 in the afternoon and one now. Can you advise what should be our next course?
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 26 minutes later
Thank you for posting a query.

Firstly, a 57 year old patient having chest pain from morning and has taken Nucoxia – P? Why ?

Did he had any history of any arthritis / costochondritis? If no, then stop the drug. Do not give that again.

From his previous history, it may be an alarming situation. Do not neglect this. Go to any emergency department of any multidisciplinary hospital. There, consult with the doctor for an ECG. If that is alright, then also he needs a close observation. If, any abnormality is detected in ECG, management should be done accordingly.

So, do not waste time. Just go for ECG.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Regards.