Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
169 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Took Nucoxia-P for chest pain. What next?

Answered by
Dr. Das Arindam

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2008

Answered : 1416 Questions

Posted on Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi,
My father is having chest pain from morning. He has been advised to take Nucoxia-P. He has taken 1 in the afternoon and one now. Can you advise what should be our next course?
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 26 minutes later
Thank you for posting a query.

Firstly, a 57 year old patient having chest pain from morning and has taken Nucoxia – P? Why ?

Did he had any history of any arthritis / costochondritis? If no, then stop the drug. Do not give that again.

From his previous history, it may be an alarming situation. Do not neglect this. Go to any emergency department of any multidisciplinary hospital. There, consult with the doctor for an ECG. If that is alright, then also he needs a close observation. If, any abnormality is detected in ECG, management should be done accordingly.

So, do not waste time. Just go for ECG.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Lab Tests

Recent questions on  Electrocardiography

doctor1 MD

I got a 12 yr old and she is been getting dizzy and i check her blood pressure and it was 73/46 and she has been taking spells on me she get dizzy...

doctor1 MD

I am 69 years, weight 80kg, height 66 inches.Have a problem in speech which is not clear and is slur . Not diabetic, always worried about my family...

doctor1 MD

During the Follicular phase: menstral output is dark brown, I become, dizzy, vomit, leg/chest/back pain,next day feel like I ve had a stroke (...

doctor1 MD

My son is 9. He has asthma and is allergic to everything.. for 6 years everynight he wheezes and coughs. They put him in hospital lastweek for...

doctor1 MD

Hi. I am experiencing some strange synptoms. When i stand up to walk inget exteemely dizzy and my heart rate spikes. Im concerned. I feel thunping...

doctor1 MD

Kindly provide ECG reporting,

doctor1 MD

Hello, I have mild Hashimoto's and undifferentiated connective tissue disease. Also, I'm in a treatment period for anxiety and obsessive compulsive...