Owl Image

Took HCG shot for low HCG level. Blood test showed increase in level. Any suggestion?

Question
hi, my last LMP for 25th Novemeber i have a 31 day cycle. I did my first BHCG test on 26th dec - HCG level 30 then was given a HCG shot and repeated blood test next day level increased to 72. Is the level low?
Thu, 17 Jan 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 19 minutes later

An Hcg level of 30 after 1 day overdue is positive for pregnancy and ok. I am just wondering why the HCG shot was given, was it to support the pregnancy? If so then there was no need to do the test after HCG injection.

In my opinion wait for 1 week and repeat the HCG test without receiving any more HCG injections.

As you are planning, start taking folic acid tablet if not taking in consultation with your local doctor.

Let me know if you have more concerns.

All the best