Tongue turned completely white after taking crystal meth. How to get cured?
was sure to drink plenty of water the night in question. Besides it being a case of meth mouth(a term I found on the internet) what else could it be? It's 3 days later and with alot of salt water and mild mouthwash my tongue has nearly no pain
Thanks for writing in.
You are absolutely right that you are suffering from meth mouth.
The most common symptoms of meth mouth includes-
2.Acute necrotic ulcerative gingivitis.
This dry mouth condition leads to so many adverse effects like-
1.Increase tooth decay.
2.Difficulty in speech.
3.Damage of gingiva and periodontal fibers.
4.Loss of tooth surrounding bone which will lead to loss of teeth.
The treatment includes-
1.Leave the habit completely.
2.Maintain oral hygiene.
3.Get the teeth filled if any.
4.Take plenty of water.
5.You need to get supra and sub gingival cleaning done.
7.Certain mouthwash like betadine etc.... for faster healing.
8.Certain drugs to induce saliva in severe cases.
So I suggest you never use crystal meth again and maintain your oral hygiene.
I do not that it could be anything else as of now.
Hope I have answered your query, if you have further any doubt feel free to ask.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can i use TCP on gum abscess & does it work reducing the abscess?
- Child having a bump on the jaw, pain and fever after a dental treatment....
- Teeth cleaning, dry mouth. What can be done for dry mouth?
- Drug addiction history, rotten teeth. Can the dentures be done safely...
- Had crowns and veneers to fix two teeth. Will the new treatment change...
- Cavity in upper right wisdom tooth. Dr advises RCT or removal. Need...
- First molar decayed and broken. Can it be restored?
- Pregnant. Infection on molar. Blood and pus coming out. Is there any...
- Done RCT. Looking for the good dentist or specialist?
- Had removed tooth. Should I take antibiotic? What is the dosage?