Today (1/17/18) again she got the fever temperature of 104

Question
Today (1/17/18) again she got the fever temperature of 104 Degrees. doctor suggested for blood test of CBP. CRP. is the blood test required really?
Tue, 6 Feb 2018 in Internal Doctor Category

Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need some details

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I need some details like age of the person/child and for how long did she have fever, does she have any other symptoms?

If fever has been there for more than 5 days, then blood test is advised.
Sometimes doctor advises blood test earlier to differentiate between viral and bacterial infection. It will provide direction to the treatment. Basically the question is whether to give her antibiotics or not. This question will be answered by the test to some extent. Also if there is anything serious. That can also show up.

CRP isnt much required but complete blood profile is required.

Hope it helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr Vaishalee