Tiredness, headache, taking depression medication. Any suggestions?
Thanks for the query.
I have gone through your query with diligence and from what you describe these could suggest a condition called fibromyalgia.
Do you also have bodyaches?
And how is your sleep - do you get a refreshing sleep?
Other conditions that can cause similar problems are if you are anemic that is you have low hemoglobin. Low vitamin D is also a possibility.
So I think it would be a good idea to rule out anemia and vitamin D deficiency by checking your hemoglobin and Vitamin D levels.
If the anemia and vitamin D deficiency are ruled out, we should consider fibromyalgia as a possibility.
Hope this answers your query. Do let me know if you have any other enquiries.
Thanks for your response. I have never had a problem with anemia either. Vitamin D deficiency I'm not quite sure about but I do drink a glass of milk each day. Do you think I should just visit a rheumatologist and get some blood work done? Is there anything that can be done for fibromyalgia? My sleep is generally not refreshing... I always wake up wanting to sleep more. Any free time I have I always want to go back to sleep. I have a good husband who does let me sleep in on some weekends. I always have to take a nap when I finally get my kids to take a nap. I work M/W/F from 7am to 6pm in an outpatient rehab for cardiac rehab, and I take care of my kids on Tues/Thursday all day. I really struggle taking care of my kids on Tues/Thursday. I'm always so tired... I have started drinking coffee and it helps for a moment. I'm not sure if my body aches...I've been an athlete most of my life and I am used to sore muscles. I do struggle to recover from a hard workout or a race. I usually have to sleep even more to recover from a hard workout where as my husband recovers very quickly compared to me. Also friends and family have sometimes suggested something is wrong with me because I have mild acne all the time and have circles under my eyes. Any suggestions would be great as I have been to many pcp doctors with these issues since I was 14 years old. I am 5'1" tall and currently weigh 120lbs. I have put on 5 lbs for some unknown reason in the past 5-6 months. I have weighed between 110-115 lbs most of my life. Thank you.
Sometimes milk alone does not fulfil our requirement for vitamin D. But yes if you have been suffering for many years then it is less of a possibility (Vitamin D deficiency); although it could be an associated feature.
Yes I think it would be a good idea to see a specialist because this is a treatable condition with medication and some rehabilitative exercises. And of course supplements of calcium and vitamin d if found low.
I think you should start working on this with a positive attitude and I am sure you will get relief.
I hope I have been helpful. Let me know if you have further enquiries.
If all your queries are answered, please close this discussion.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suffering from anxiety depression medications
- Taking anti-depressant medication for depression no relief help
- Suggest medication for fever and tiredness
- Dns depression medication
- Tiredness headache taking depression medication any suggestions
- Tiredness depression anxiety taking remeron correct dosage
- Drug interaction of alcohol and depression medication
- Depression medication causing problems with sexual life suggestions
- Diagnosed to have severe depression medication not working recommendations
- Is depression medication related to bruising
- How common is for a person in 60s or 70s of developing rheumatoid...
- Having severe abdominal pain. Tested negative for rheumatoid arthritis...
- Taking folitrax 7.5 mg. Having joint pains. Is rheumatoid arthritis...
- Have wrist pain, negative for rheumatoid factor. Had ITP and...
- Getting tingling fingers, nodule at knuckle. What is the difference...
- Tiredness, headache, taking depression medication. Any suggestions?
- 84 year old having severe arthritis. On morphine patches. How to improve...
- Fall on buttocks. Suffering from back pain. Diagnosed with si joint...
- Tested HLA B27 positive. Feeling fatigued, sensitive back and buttocks....
- Thumb is very sore at the base and noticed swollen blood vessels. How to...