Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Tip of foreskin turned white and unable to pull back in erect position. What is the disease called?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 454 Questions
the tip of my foreskin has turned white and i can no longer pull it back over the head of my penis like use to be able to. i can still pull back foreskin when im not erect but when i have an erection i cant pull it back anymore.
Posted Sun, 14 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 18 minutes later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,

As per the description of your clinical symptoms,you are having problem with your fore skin of penis known as phimosis. In case of phimosis retraction of fore skin over the glans penis becomes difficult.

I advise you to consult a urologist and discuss your problem. You will be treated accordingly. The commonest and effective modality to treat the condition is by a minor surgical procedure caleld Circumcision.

Hope I have cleared your doubt,
If you need any further clarification write us back,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Tip of foreskin turned white and unable to pull back in erect position. What is the disease called? 23 minutes later
i have read about phimosis. like i said i use to be able to pull my fore skin back all the way before even with an erection so does this mean that it will do this again even after i get treated for it. only in the last month or so i havent been able to pull it back.
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 44 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

Some conditions like lack of moisture, fungal infections or conditions like Morphea can reduce the turgor in the foreskin and make it difficult to pull it back temporarily.

These conditions may not last and may need no intervention except application of moisturizing lotion for few weeks. If not subsided with moisturizers steroid ointments may be needed to treat the same.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor