Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Tingling sensation in thigh, pain in shoulder and hurts to turn neck. Should I consult a doctor?

Feb 2014
User rating for this question
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 5930 Questions
I have an exruciating pain in my right shoulder it hurts to turn my neck in both directions and pulls where my collarbone is. I got my sisters to massage me which seemed to releive a tiny bit but not much i just woke up and it was sore. do i need to go and see a doctor or a chiropractor? or what can i do to make the pain go away?I haven't been working and was relaxing the entire day before the pain commenced. Looking back i had tingling pains running up my thigh and hip the day before and pain in my foot as well but brushed that off as it wasn't very sore. I had a car crash 6weeks ago could it be a delayed effect? i was cleared from everything from that crash.
Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 44 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.

I have read your query in detail. The symptoms you have described are more likely to be symptoms of muscles strain.This not seems to be related to your car crash 6 weeks ago.
To get relief from the pain and for quick healing:
1. Do hot fomatation at the site.
2. Apply local anti-inflammatory gel 2-3 times a day.
3. Take anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen to reduce pain and inflammation.
4. Do not lift weight or try to do exercise that involve painful muscles. Give proper time to heal.

I hope this answers your query. I will be available for further guidance if you needed.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wishing you speedy recovery...

Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor