Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Tingling on right side of face, tongue and right hand. Is this sign of an illness?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 193 Questions
tingling on right side of face, tongue, and right hand; some coordination on right hand and leg
Posted Fri, 15 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rogers Nditanchou 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Blood pressure controlled, opinion of a neurologis

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

It is important to know if you have ever been diagnosed hypertensive or not. Knowing if you have any past history of heart disease/blood or clotting disorder is of utmost importance. The commonest cause of such one sided symptoms is usually minor forms of stroke.

I case you experience any headaches, it might important to know the intensity, duration, whether you have any eye manifestations like pain or watery eyes or nausea. Severe forms of migraine can present themselves as such. Another possible cause is temporal arteritis, which usually cause severe one sided headaches.

I strongly suggest you consult your doctor for your blood pressure to be controlled, a controlled examination of the nervous system to exclude a stroke or migraine.

Booking an appointment with a neurologist is my advise. But first, control your blood pressure first. Thanks and hope this helps. Feel free asking follow up questions in case you have any specific concerns. I shall be glad to contribute to your health. Kind regards.

DR Rogers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor