Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Tingling in lower legs for weeks means harm?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 78 Questions
I have tingling in lower legs for 3 weeks
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Gowri Kulkarni 15 minutes later

Thank you for posting in the query.

I understand that you have been experiencing tingling in your lower legs since last 3 weeks.

I would like to know a little more so that I could help you better. Please do not mind to answer these.

1. Are you looking pale, getting breathless and fatigued easily these days?
2. Is there any history of injury which might have affected your nerves?
3. Does your work entail you to stand or sit for long hours in the same position?
4. Do you suffer from low calcium levels, bone pain or fractures?
5. Do you smoke and drink? If yes, how much and for how long?
6. Do you suffer from any hormonal imbalance like thyroid problems?
7. Are you on any long term medications?
8. Have you suffered from any animal bite?
9. Have you suffered from stroke earlier?

Along with tingling, do you have any associated weakness or are unable to move, bladder or bowel incontinence, confusion or loss of consciousness, slurred speech, a change in vision, difficulty walking. If yes, you need to visit you Primary care Physician at the earliest.

Do revert with the answers so that I could be able to help you better.


Dr Gowri
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Tingling in lower legs for weeks means harm? 1 hour later
I have drunk reguarly for many years and smoked in the past but not recently. I drinking for 10 days and it seemed to help with tingling
Answered by Dr. Gowri Kulkarni 5 hours later

Thank you for reverting.

Alcohol intake over a long period of time can lead many health problems.

It could also be a result of Vitamin B 12 deficiency which is very commonly seen in long term use of alcohol.

I suggest that you get a detailed blood evaluation done for yourself with the help of your doctor.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor