Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Tingling feeling in right arm and right side of the back. What could it be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
I have a tingling feeling going down the right arm and right side of the back when I move my neck and look down, sometimes I have a constant tingling feeling in my right arm. Can you help in telling me what this is ?
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Cervical spondylosis is a possibility

Detailed Answer:

With the description that you had given cervical spondylosis or nutritional causes could be my judgement. I suggest you to get an Xray Cervical spine after reviewing with the primary care doctor there. Hemoglobin, Blood counts and serum vitamin levels of Vit B1, B12, Vit D and Calcium are also helpful.

Your doctor can thoroughly examine the sensory and motor functions of the arm to understand nerve impingement. Take help from a diet expert to include the above vitamins.

Let me know your other concerns.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Tingling feeling in right arm and right side of the back. What could it be? 22 minutes later
Can whiplash injuries cause a similar problem ?
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 15 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Whiplash injury can cause a fracture of the cervical vertebra.

Once they heal or during healing they can impinge the nerve and cause such sensations.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor