Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Tight penis foreskin, cracks during retraction. Cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 577 Questions
my penis foreskin is tight and when upon retraction it get cracks and tears. What can I do to cure this?
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 9 hours later
Thanks for the query.

You can try applying corticosteroid cream like betamethasone on the inside of prepuce for 4 weeks. If that corrects the condition then it is fine. Otherwise you shall require circumcision.

You can also try some other methods like pull the foreskin forward away from the body several times then pull it back as far as it will go onto the glans (head of the penis) and hold it in this stretched position for several minutes. If done with an erection the stretching will be even more effective. Do this several times a day. You can also do this using baby oil.

The glans is often uncomfortably tender to touch when exposed for the first time. This can be cured by deliberately handling it under water . It will soon become less tender and reach a normal level of sensitivity.

Hope i have answered your query.I will be available for follow up.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor