Thyroid problem,unable to conceive,hormone deficiency
Thanks for the query.
Maca has not been reported in scientific literature to have any bearing on thyroid function. I am not aware of any published work of studies supporting its use for improving thyroid status.
Subfertility or difficulty conceiving is one of many possible consequences of thyroid problems (both overactive and underactive). However once the TSH is in the range of normal, it is most unlikely that reproductive derangement's occur. It is also important to ascertain if you truly have hypothyroidism, be it is subclinical or overt. Such a determination is best made by an endocrinologist who will run appropriate tests such as thyroid peroxidase antibodies etc , in addition to detailed clinical evaluation.
If you certainly have an underactive thyroid from one of the most common causes ie Hashimoto's thyroiditis which is an auto-immune condition, then there is a likelihood of other auto-immune disorders to be concomitantly present. Some examples are premature ovarian failure, adrenal insufficiency and type 1 diabetes. All this requires a careful assessment by an endocrinologist.
Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for the follow ups.
Good to hear from you again.
The initial TSH was abnormal. This can sometimes be a temporary problem and may normalize by itself within a few months. However, in the context of positive thyroid antibodies, this can typically represent Hashimoto's thyroiditis, requiring life long replacement with thyroid hormone. Hence in this situation, treatment is considered appropriate and beneficial.
Once TSh is stable for a couple normal test over a period of 3-4 months, it is unlikely to interfere with reproductive function and other causes are worth pursuing.
Hope this answers your query.
Wish you a good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for thyroid deficiency
- Thyroid deficiency causes
- Thyroid immune deficiency
- Vitamin d deficiency thyroid
- Thyroid iodine deficiency
- In vitro fertilization and thyroid deficiencies
- Symptoms of thyroid deficiency
- Thyroid problemunable to conceivehormone deficiency
- B12 deficiency and hashimoto's thyroiditis
- Diagnosis of thyroid deficiency
- Thyroid problem,unable to conceive,hormone deficiency
- How are headaches and vitiligo treated ?
- Feel cold, lightheadedness, memory problems, foggy thinking,...
- Hypothyroidism due to Hashimoto's thyroiditis, taking Thyronorm. Do you...
- Underweight, taken dexamethasone. How can I gain weight?
- What can be done for a high blood sugar? Have frequent urination.
- Had hormone imbalance. Used androgel when testosterone went down. Will...
- Have a postprandial hypoglycemic reaction to foods with carbs. Gaining...
- Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. Is Armour thyroid or Erfa thyroid better...
- Cold feeling after eating sugar. Headache, fever, BP high, have...