Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Throbbing & pulsating pain in right side of chest. What could cause this pain?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1997
Answered : 1031 Questions
I'm having pulsating pain in a spot in the right side of my chest, slightly towards the middle. The pain pulses every couple seconds or so, and I've been experiencing the pain for about 20 minutes now. The pain is in the area of my right breast right breast near the center of my chest. It's a XXXXXXX throbbing pain. I'm female, 20 years old, 5'3", and 130 lbs. What could this pain be?
Posted Sat, 9 Jun 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 13 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
There could be a number of causes leading to this symptom. Most likely source of pain can be a local trauma to your rib cage or any pathology in your right breast. However it can be a referred pain from a liver or gall bladder pathology.
Best way to sort it out is to visit a general physician & have a clinical examination of yourself. This will help him / her to suggest a diagnosis & advise appropriate treatment.
Hope you get well soon.
Warm Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pulmonologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor