Throbbing headache, swollen veins above ear
Thanks for your query.
I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.
It will great if you mention the duration of the symptoms if it is of short duration i don't think you need to worry much. It can be controlled by over the counter pain killers.
I would like to know any history of blurred vision / double vision, swollen bumpy arteries in the temple, weak or painful jaw muscles.
A throbbing headache is a sensation of pounding, pulsating, rhythmic, or explosive pressure in the head.
Throbbing headaches are very common and are often associated with migraine headaches, caffeine withdrawal, and hangovers stress and sinusitis.
You can take a rest in a quiet dark room for about an hour and a half. This will make your muscles relaxed. Also, put some ice bags on your forehead while lying down. This would lessen the pain that you are feeling. Massage also your neck and for best result, you should take a hot bath after you have taken your rest. In this way, your throbbing headache might get relieved.
As mentioned earlier if your symptoms persist consider over the counter pain killers.
I advice you to follow the conservative measures first and if the symptoms persists i advice you to see physician.
Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.
Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Throbbing headache after a tattoo
- Congested clogged ears throbbing headache
- Throbbing headache everyday for a week
- Throbbing headache swollen veins above ear
- Throbbing headache with achy throat
- Throbbing headache and body aches
- Throbbing headache bust a vein
- Throbbing headache after an appendectomy
- Hyperthyroidism and throbbing headache
- Throbbing headache ear after angioplasty
- Fainting episodes while urination at night. Why?
- Have soreness in left nipple area, no lump. Should I be worried?
- Hard lump on top of head, coeliac. No history of accident. What could be...
- Have cough after eating dry food. Had tonsils removed. Why is it sore?...
- Can I cut my arms, feet or parts of body without cutting a vein?
- Had a tummy tuck. Have sharp pain in navel. Internal stitch causing...
- Knee injury, swelling down. But anything strenuous results in pain. Did...
- On medication for tuberculosis. What is the recovery period?
- Diabetic, having difficulty in erection and ejaculation. Remedy?
- Infant with loose greenish stools during breastfeeding cessation. Is...