Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Throbbing headache, swollen veins above ear

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1015 Questions
feels like the viens in my head above my ears are pushing against my skin an a head ache left of m skull
Posted Sat, 14 Jul 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 5 hours later
Thanks for your query.

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

It will great if you mention the duration of the symptoms if it is of short duration i don't think you need to worry much. It can be controlled by over the counter pain killers.

I would like to know any history of blurred vision / double vision, swollen bumpy arteries in the temple, weak or painful jaw muscles.

A throbbing headache is a sensation of pounding, pulsating, rhythmic, or explosive pressure in the head.

Throbbing headaches are very common and are often associated with migraine headaches, caffeine withdrawal, and hangovers stress and sinusitis.

You can take a rest in a quiet dark room for about an hour and a half. This will make your muscles relaxed. Also, put some ice bags on your forehead while lying down. This would lessen the pain that you are feeling. Massage also your neck and for best result, you should take a hot bath after you have taken your rest. In this way, your throbbing headache might get relieved.

As mentioned earlier if your symptoms persist consider over the counter pain killers.

I advice you to follow the conservative measures first and if the symptoms persists i advice you to see physician.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor