Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Throbbing bladder. Have bladder infection and chronic pancreatitis. Is this something of concern?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10442 Questions
My wife if 60, was diagnosed with chronic pancriatitis about 4 years ago, and has just been diagnosed with a bladder infection with a cipro script that she just started this morning. This evening she is experiencing a throbbing , pulsing bladder. Is this something of concern?
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

With a diagnosed bladder infection and spasm while passing urine are the common symptoms. These are not worrisome and gradually subside on taking proper antibiotics. Since she has started taking ciprofloxacin, her symptoms are likely to subside in 2-3 days.
She can help reduce the discomfort by taking the following steps:
1. Follow her health-care provider's treatment recommendations.
2. Finish all antibiotic medication even if she is feeling better before the medication is gone.
3. Use a hot-water bottle to ease the discomfort.
4. Drink plenty of water.
5. Avoid coffee, alcohol, and spicy foods, all of which irritate the bladder.

I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wishing you good health.

Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor