Throat infection even after taking injections. What could be the reason?

Dr. Hariom Sharma

ENT Specialist

Posted on Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: i have Throat infection for more than a month, last month had sever pain and fevere, then my consultant doc , offered 3 injections letter did not have much of pain, but still feeling un comfortable and coughing often. PLease advice
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: Oropharyngitis Detailed Answer: Hi Sir, I have gone through your query. It suggests that you may be suffering from the oropharyngitis. I personally advised to go for conservative management in the ideal way- 1. Proper antibiotic course after Throat Swab culture and antibiotic sensitivity. 2. Warm saline gargles with antiseptic solution such as Tantum/Hexidene mouth wash 5 times a day. 3. Drink warm liquids such as lemon tea or tea with honey. 4. Try pain medications, such as acetaminophen if you have only mild pain. 5. Avoid smoking and alcohol drinking if you have. 6. Avoid cold liquids and ice creams. Please consult the ENT Specialist for better diagnosis and management. If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query. Wish you good health