Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Three year old complain of pain during bowel movements and found blood in stools. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Neonatology
Practicing since : 1970
Answered : 891 Questions
I suspect my 3 year old son has piles(a piece of unknown thing comes out when he goes for motion, he complains a pain, some times there will be blood in the motions), local doctor suggested go for operation. He has this problem about 7-8 months ago, is there any problem if we go for operation in his 3 years age. He eat well and weighs only about 10-11 kgs, except above mentioned problem he is healthy. Kindly suggest me for next step of action/Good hospitials in Bangalore.
Posted Fri, 10 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: show to pediatric surgeon Detailed Answer: Hi, What you describe seems to be prolapsed piles. It does happen in children though it is rare. You have to show him to a qualified pediatric surgeon who has MCH in pediatric surgery or DNB in pediatric surgery. Do not go to general adult surgeon. Till surgery softening the stools with some medicines and dietary modifications lot if fluids,juices, will help. Manipal hospital or some similar place where there is a pediatric surgeon will be ideal. Good luck God bless Dr Umay
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor