Three weeks ago I was diagnosed with the flu ,
You should be tested further
Normally we wouldn't expect complications three weeks after the diagnosis. There is a concerning point in your description namely the pleuritic chest pain ("hurts to breath"). An infectious complication seems unlikely due to the long time since the diagnosis but other types of complications are possible like the following:
- broken rib
- intercostal muscular strain (due to coughing)
Most patients who complain of similar symptoms do not usually have anything serious but symptoms like yours warrant investigation to exclude the more serious causes. Clinical examination and a chest X-ray is enough for most patients.
I hope I've answered your question.
Please let me know if you need further assistance.
Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for splenic cyst
- What causes dry throat?
- What causes itching in breast?
- What causes chest pain and heart burn?
- Suggest treatment for pain in heels
- Can i take Paxil along with Clonidine?
- Suggest ways to manage diabetes
- Does taking Plaquinel for lupus affect the memory?
- What does an enlarged lymph node on neck indicate?
- Is infection possible by touching a dead bird despite using a disinfectant?