This question is for Ayurvedic doctor Hi doctor, I am
further necessary information
Thanks for contacting with your health concern and after reviewing your case history I'm of the following opinion:
1. As there is positive family history [genetic predisposition], do let me know whether there is/are any associated risk factors like:
- being overweight?
- having a sedentary lifestyle?
- have high blood pressure, abnormal lipid/thyroid profile?
2. As I myself prepare and manufacture, result oriented medicine(s) to my patient(s), so can't comment on the medicine, but yes I can courier you the evidence-based medicine [EBM], which will help you in controlling the blood sugar level along with alleviating the associated risk factors, till then
i. Take green gram, horse gram, pigeon pea, bitter gourd, black pepper, pumpkin, radish, ridge gourd, bottle gourd, light exercise, brinjal, cauliflower, tomato, okra, cucumber, guava, apple, pears, dry massage.
ii. Avoid newly harvested rice, black gram, curd, milk, buttermilk, jaggery, sugarcane, daytime sleeping, cold water or refrigerated things, sweets.
4. say NO to Sugar, all sweets, cakes, sweetened biscuits-drinks, sweet fruits like mangoes and grapes, jam, honey, canned sweet fruits.
5. Eat in Plenty: all leafy vegetables, tomato, cucumber, brinjal, cauliflower, lady's finger, soup [tomato/vegetable], buttermilk, sugar-free drinks, tea/coffee with sweeteners, all cereals, sprouted pulses.
6. Eat restricted quantities: chapati, bread, corn flour, plain or salted biscuits, rice, meat, eggs, chicken, fish, skimmed milk.
7. Regularize timings and quantity of meals.
. be careful in festivals and marriages, compensate for extra sweets by reducing previous and subsequent meals
. do not remain starving for long periods.
. avoid alcoholic drinks.
8. wash the feet daily, dry them, inspect them & then sprinkle lot of talcum powder.
. avoid walking barefoot, even at home.
. wear soft cotton socks and canvas shoes, avoid tight fitting shoes and chappals.
. cut nails carefully and always after bath, when they are soft.
PS. what to look for clinically
2. blood pressure [must be checked on every visit]
3. Check peripheral pulses on the legs [even if the patient does not have any leg complaints]
4. Examine the feet: especially the interdigital spaces and soles, for infections, ulcer and sensory loss.
At your initial stage of high blood sugar, I do prepare herbal medicine with no side effects and dose is one capsule daily along with weekly diet regime, If interested I can courier you the medicine along with further necessary information.
Dr. Munish Sood
direct online link: bit.ly/drmunishsood
Thanks for reverting back
1. As most of your blood test is normal, make sure to check with a Diabetologist/ Endocrinologist for unintentional weight loss. [since in some adults they do have LADA [latent autoimmune diabetes in adults] or may check with the insulin antibody test.
2. After going through the ingredients, although they all help in lowering blood sugar level but not the root cause, so you can take the same, but the problem will again resurface, once you stop the drug. [they are disease-specific not target specific].