This is the result of my CT scan . I
CT head without IV contrast:
History is headache/dizzy.
Unenhanced images of the cranium were obtained we have no prior CT available
There is no evidence of intracranial hemorrhage or mass effect. The
ventricular volume appears to be mild to moderately increased. There is also
some asymmetry of the ventricular system with a asymmetrically greater volume
on the right side. This could represent a normal variation however.
Increased CSF space is visible bilaterally in the distribution of the frontal
Bone window centimeters of the cranium show no evidence of intrinsic osseous
No acute appearing intracranial changes.
Radiation dose reduction techniques were employed per protocol. CTDIvol: 47.1
mGy. DLP: 787 mGy-cm.
Consider consulting a Neurologist.
Hello and welcome to 'Ask A Doctor' service.
I have read your query and here is my advice.
There is no relation between degenerative disc disease and your headaches, dizziness, numbness in the arms.
So, for these new issues, you should see a Neurologist and you should have a brain MRI done.
A transient ischemic attack (TIA) for example may cause similar symptoms.
Also, the CT scan results are not completely okay since enlarged ventricles were found.
This may be not an issue, however, further investigations are necessary to be sure and the MRI is a more specific test for this purpose.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes tingling and pins and needle sensation on the left side of...
- What causes numbness in feet and ankles?
- What causes mouth spots and pit in forehead?
- What causes tingling feeling in shoulder?
- Suggest treatment for panic attacks, non functional rectum and memory loss
- What causes numbness in the right side of foot and leg?
- What causes burning sensation and tingling in hands and feet?
- What does my CT scan suggest?
- What causes shortness of breath in a patient with fibromyalgia?
- What causes severe muscle twitches at night in shoulders and arms?