This is on behalf of my son who is travelling
Probably tonsillitis, follow the advice below.
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I already reviewed the attached report.
The symptoms seem to be related to tonsillitis.
Through the photo I see that the tonsils are swollen and inflamed.
The hole is fovea palatina, which is a normal hole in the mouth.
It is more visible in this case due to inflammation.
I recommend your son using anti-inflammatory medication such as Ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day.
I also recommend using throat sprays with anti-inflammatory properties.
I suggest your son to drink liquids and gargle with salt water for relief.
If the symptoms continue prescription antibiotics may be needed.
I would recommend Azithromicine 500 mg one tablet a day for three days.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?