question-icon

This is a lump my husband has on his left

Posted on Thu, 28 Mar 2019
Question: This is a lump my husband has on his left arm. He has always felt a small Bibi like lump to that area for years and last week all of a sudden it got swollen and red with tenderness, it%E2%80%99s firm to touch. He saw doctor and he referred him to a dermatologist and put him on augmentin, the lump on antibiotics is still the same if not worse after 5 days. He is gonna see dermatologist tomorrow, what could this be?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. (20 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Infected sebaceous cyst or lipona

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service..I have viewed the image and gone through the query.

Seems like it could be an infected sebaceous cyst or a lipoma. I suggest him to continue antibiotics for another 5 days.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need any more assistance.
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist